THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO ALL OF OUR PACKAGES
- What happens if I need to cancel my trip? Due to the logistics and costs involved with organizing your heli-skiing and heli-boarding packages, your deposit and final payments are non-refundable. We strongly encourage you to purchase trip cancellation insurance. You can also find a replacement for the exact dates and duration of your trip and have them reimburse you privately.
- Refunds will not be given to late arrivals, no-shows, early departures, guests who sustain injuries or guests who are unable to competently heli-ski due to lack of physical fitness, skill level, or experience.
- If you cannot complete your day due to fitness level or ability, please be advised you will be returned to the lodge, staging area, or a fuel cache at your expense. This expense will vary and is based on current location within the tenure. If you become injured, evacuation costs are quite high so we strongly advise you purchase medical insurance with evacuation coverage.
- Heli-skiing is a unique bucket list style experience that is highly reliant on the constantly changing weather and snowpack conditions. For the safety of everyone involved, conditions must be assessed by the team of pilots and guides each morning. Without stormy days, we wouldn’t have snow. So, on occasion, inclement weather and avalanche conditions can result in a cancellation.
- Other examples of cancellations include: operational emergencies, helicopter mechanical issues, or guest booking minimums not being met for your ski day. In the event that Harrison Lake Heli-Skiing must cancel a day, in full or in part, you will be given options based on the product you have purchased. See below for more details.
- If Harrison Lake Heli-Skiing cancels your ski day at least 12 hours before the scheduled start time, you will be given the opportunity to rebook for the next available date. If you are unable to rebook, a full refund will be issued.
- If Harrison Lake Heli-Skiing cancels your ski day once registration, rental allocation, and safety training has been completed, then you will be given the opportunity to rebook for the next available date. If you are unable to rebook, a full refund will be issued.
- If heli-skiing commences and Harrison Lake Heli-Skiing is unable to deliver 6 runs due to weather, avalanche conditions, operational emergencies, helicopter mechanical issues or any other unforeseen circumstances, you will be refunded at the rate of $200.00/run.
- Please note: day skiing program is based on runs skied rather than vertical metres. 6 runs are guaranteed.
MULTI-DAY/ CLASSIC VERTICAL
- Classic 3-Day includes up to 12,000 vertical metres. 9,600 vertical metres are guaranteed. If this amount is not achieved, refunds are issued at a rate of $180 per 1000 vertical metres not skied.
- Classic 6-Day includes up to 24,000 vertical metres. 19,200 vertical metres are guaranteed. If this amount is not achieved, refunds are issued at a rate of $180 per 1000 vertical metres not skied.
PRIVATE 3-DAY SKI
Includes 6 hours of flying time. We guarantee 4.8 hours. If weather conditions or mechanical issues prevent your group from achieving the minimum guarantee of 4.8 hours by the end of your stay, we will refund all unused hours below the 4.8 hour guarantee at a rate of $3,500.00 CAD + GST per hour. For example, if we fly 3.5 hours, the difference between hours flown and minimum guaranteed is 1.3 x $3,500.00 = a refund of $4,550.00 CAD + tax.
PRIVATE 6-DAY SKI
Includes 12 hours of flying time. We guarantee 9.6 hours. If weather conditions or mechanical issues prevent your group from achieving the minimum guarantee of 9.6 hours by the end of your stay, we will refund all unused hours below the 9.6 hour guarantee at a rate of $3,500.00 CAD + GST per hour. For example, if we fly 7 hours, the difference between hours flown and minimum guaranteed is 2.6 x $3,500.00 = a refund of $9,100.00 CAD + tax.
LIFESTYLE FINANCIAL ADVENTURE TOURISM PROGRAM LINK AND CONSUMER WEBSITE TIPS
- Make it easy for your guests! Nothing is more discouraging than looking for information on a website.
- Place a link on your home page that states INSURANCE or a visual link they can click on to take them to the online travel insurance link.
- Include an INSURANCE section under the most appropriate heading:
- Bookings/ How to Book/Book Now
- Include an answer in your FAQ’s just in case they missed it above.
- Include a comment on your invoice where your Cancellation details are identified.
Emergency Medical Insurance
No one ever plans to need medical care while away; but if you do experience misadventures on your vacation, Emergency Medical Coverage can cover hospitalization, surgery, prescriptions, emergency transportation home and more.
We recommend that Visitors to Canada and Travelling Canadians out of their home province purchase Emergency Medical Insurance to protect against unexpected hospital and physician’s expenses if you have a medical emergency. This covers sudden and unexpected illness or injury and it includes air and ground ambulance/evacuation to the nearest medical facility.
We understand that occasionally events occur that prevent you from joining us for your vacation. Life is full of surprises and so is travel! You can’t predict a missed flight connection, job loss, death of a family member or your own illness or injury. When an unexpected event prevents you from travelling, Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption reimburses travel costs if your trip is cancelled before you leave or disrupted after it has begun.
Please pay special attention to our Cancellation and Refunds Terms.
To avoid any financial hardship that an unexpected cancellation or interruption could cause, we strongly recommend purchasing Trip Cancellation/Interruption to protect your trip investment. Trip Cancellation/Interruption costs about 5% of your trip cost and it’s worth the peace of mind!
Travel Insurance Link
Contact our preferred provider Lifestyle Financial and they can provide you with a quote for both Emergency Medical insurance and/or Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance.
The tour operator’s inability to provide service, backcountry or regional restriction/closure or evacuation due to avalanche, wildfire, state of emergency or civil authority, that cause you to interrupt or cancel your vacation is not covered by insurance.
Visiting Canada as a Tourist
Most people need a Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. (US Citizens will only require a passport).
Be prepared: Apply for an eTA as soon as possible. Most applicants are approved within minutes. However, there is the possibility of a delay or a denial.
It is recommended you arrange your eTA as soon as possible to pre-determine your entry status.
Harrison Lake Heli-Skiing/Compass Heli Tours is not responsible, or liable to make any refunds, for guests who are denied an eTA. Note that a denied or delayed eTA or denied entry at the Canadian Border is not covered by Travel Insurance.